The topic of professional formation within the Salesian world is to be read in the light of the early experience of Don Bosco. One will not understand either the vision or the value of Salesian professional training as a whole if one overlooks this fundamental phase which Don Bosco lived and was able to help germinate and blossom.
Various studies shed light on this original experience of Don Bosco. This material is an indispensable tool that helps us to acknowledge today’s challenges without feeling that we are straying from those pastoral and charismatic roots that even today remain the basis for the corresponding value of the Salesian educative-pastoral program.
- Professional Training in the Experience of Don Bosco
- Don Bosco’s Attentive Process Towards Professional Training
- The Social Context: Needs and Solutions
- The Profile of the Educator
- Fundamental Elements of the Salesian Educative Project
- The Proposals Offered Today by the Salesians of Don Bosco
Reference time period: 1854 – 1998
F. Attard, Professional formation of the young in salesian youth ministry, Trad. di T. Juarez, in «Journal of Salesian Sudies» 17 (2016) 1, 1-15.
Institute of Salesian Studies