In this paper the author describes how the spiritual bond between Don Bosco and Maria Mazzarello was born, up to the idea on the part of the Saint to create a Salesian women’s congregation. In fact, the Institute of the Daughters of Mary, Help of Christians, was founded by the two Saints in 1872.
Nel presente saggio l’autrice descrive com’è nato il legame spirituale fra Don Bosco e Maria Mazzarello fino ad arrivare all’idea, da parte del Santo, di creare una congregazione Salesiana femminile. Verrà fondato infatti dai due Santi, nel 1872, l’Istituto delle Figlie di Maria Ausiliatrice.
- 0. Introduction
- 1. Interpretation of the history of the relationship between Don Bosco and Maria Mazzarello within a Salesian perspective
- 2. The historical outline of the relationship
- 2.1 Before the foundation of the Institute (1862-1872)
- 2.2 After the foundation of the Institute (1872-1881)
- 3. Important links
- 4. The important significance of this relationship
- 5. Concluding comments
Reference time period: 1862 – 1881
A. Deleidi, Don Bosco and Maria Domenica Mazzarello: their historical and spiritual relationship, in «Don Bosco’s place in history», LAS, Roma, 1993, 213-224.
Centro Studi Don Bosco