The Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (SIHM) would like to acknowledge the invitation to contribute to the Seminar of EAO on “Implantation of the Salesian Charism in the Region: Ideals, Challenges, Answers and Results”. Being a member of the Salesian Family, we too are eager to study and know more about this precious gift.
This paper limits itself to the first 20 years of our foundation, i.e., from 1937 to 1957.
Le Suore Serve del Cuore Immacolato di Maria (SIHM) prendono atto dell’invito a contribuire al Seminario dell’EAO su “L’impianto del carisma salesiano nella Regione: ideali, sfide, risposte e risultati”. Essendo membri della Famiglia Salesiana, anche noi siamo ansiosi di approfondire e conoscere questo prezioso dono. Questo scritto si limita ai primi 20 anni della nostra fondazione, cioè dal 1937 al 1957.
- 1. The Historical Context
- 2. The Implantation of the Salesian charism in SIHM’s life
- 2.1. Bishop Gaetano Pasotti, the Founder
- 2.2. Bishop Gaetano Pasotti, the Missionary
- 2.3. Bishop Gaetano Pasotti, the Salesian
- 3. The Role of the Salesians of Don Bosco
- 4. The Role of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians
- 5. Absorbing the Salesian Charism from Life Experience
- 5.1. Cooperation in the Foundation and Formation of the SIHM
- 5.2. Devotion to the Eucharist and Solemn Liturgy
- 5.3. Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- 5.4. Filial love to the Blessed Virgin Mary
- 5.5. Contemplation in Action
- 5.6. Family Spirit
- 6. The SIHM in the Local Church
- 6.1. Preparation for the Mission ( 1937-1938)
- 6.2. Presence in the local Church
- 6.3. The First Perpetual Professions
- 7. The Mission after Bishop Gaetano Pasotti (1951-1957)
Reference time period: 1937 – 1957
M. Paamathawirote, P. Phengpinit, The salesian charism in SIHM’s life and mission in the local church in Implantation of the Salesian charism in Asia – Ideals, challenges, answers, results. Acts of the Salesian history seminar East Asia – Oceania region Batulao (Manila), 24-28 november 2008, Kristu jyoti publications, Bangalore, 2009, 409-426.