- Introduction: the newly emerging scene in the field of education
- Urgent need of “new education”
- The challenge of the young
- Distinction between “education” and “evangelization” as such
- Should education come before evangelization?
- Don Bosco’s choice of a field of work, and his practical example
- Educating by evangelizing
- Looking again at the “preventive syslem”: creativity of the “artist”, in solidarity with the young, with eyes trained on the New Man, for a work of anticipation, seeing “reason” and “religion” in the same light, with inventive attention given to free time, towards the reality of life
- Self-sanctification through educating
- Prompted by Mary in her role as Mother of the Church
Reference time period: 1991
E. Viganò, New Education, in «Acts of the General Council of the Salesian Society of St John Bosco» 72 (1991) 337, 3-45.
Direzione Generale SDB