- 1. THE JOURNEY OF THE CONGREGATION IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF SALESIAN YOUTH MlNISTRY AFTER VATICAN COUNCIL II.
- 1.1 A long journey.
- 1.1.1 The first steps: from GC19(1965) to GC21 (1978).
- 1.1.2 The development of the guidelines of the GC21 promoted by the Department (1978-1990).
- 1.1.3 General Chapters 23 (1990) and 24 (1996).
- 1.2 The great goals of this journey.
- 1.2.1 An ever deeper perception of the new situation of the young.
- 1.2.2 An effort to re-formulate the traditional. educative and pastoral contents and methods.
- 1.2.3 Broadening the field for action in response to the new situation.
- 1.2.4 Benewal of the structures of pastoral. animation and government in the Congregation and in the Provinces.
- 1.2.5 The focal point for attention: the quality of the educative pastoral action.
- 1.1 A long journey.
- 2. THE CURRENT SITUATION
- 2.1 Knowledge and assimilation of the pastoral model.
- 2.2 A more systematic relationship of the Department with the teams of the Provincial Delegates for YM.
- 2.3 Some aspects of pastoral renewal.
- 3.THE DIFFERENT SECTORS OF SALESIAN YOUTH MINISTRY
- 3.1 Oratories and Youth Centres.
- 3.2 The Parish entrusted to the Salesians.
- 3.3 The School and the world of formal education.
- 3.4 Professional Formation and work preparation.
- 3.5 The world of the University: the progress made by the IUS and other forms of presence in the university world.
- 3.6 Attention to the world of marginalised youth.
- 3.7 Other presences and flexible forms of service to the young.
- 4. FUTURE PROSPECTS FOR SALESIAN YOUTH MINISTRY
- 4.1 Continuing the efforts for the assimilation and the practice of the model of Salesian Youth Ministry.
- 4.2 An evangelising pastoral service clearly aimed at the proclamation of Christ and the education to the faith of the young.
- 4.3 Deepen and strengthen the vocational dimension of every pastoral project.
- 4.4 A special attention for the poorest young people and those at risk as a characteristic feature of every Salesian presence and work.
- 4.5 Re-define our presences to make them more significant, that is, “new presences”.
- 4.6 A pastoral animation which is more and more inter-linked and coordinated among the different Departments, in particular the Departments for the Salesian Mission: Youth Ministry Social Communication and the Missions.
Reference time period: 2010
P. Chavez Villanueva, “And he took pity on them because they were like sheep without a shepherd, and he set himself to teach them at some length” (Mk 6,34). Salesian youth ministry, in «Acts of the General Council of the Salesian Society of St John Bosco» 91 (2010) 407, 3-60.
Direzione Generale SDB