In this new issue of the Journal of Salesian Studies, the editor reflects on the history and mission of the journal, emphasising its service to readers and the open invitation for contributions related to the themes of Don Bosco and Francis de Sales. The editor emphasises the importance of readers’ help in providing articles for publication.The current issue contains five contributions focusing on the theme ‘What I want is your happiness: Accompanying young people today’. These articles are reflections by Salesians who participated in the Forum Salesianum, a continuation of the Salesian Colloquium, an academic meeting that began in 1968. The Forum Salesianum, held in Valcocco Turin in 2022, explores practical solutions to the challenges of community life. The next Forum is scheduled for late summer 2024. Within the issue there are five contributions written by, respectively: Louis Grech, Carlo Loots, Wim Collin, Barbara Poredos, Stefano Maggio and John Puntino. The editor concludes with a quote from the recently deceased poet Huub Oosterhuis, expressing anticipation for the future and preparing for the next issue of the magazine.
- Salesian Accompaniment in Contemporary Western Society: Challenges and Opportunities by Louis Grech
- Being a guide and companion for young people today by Carlo Loots
- My Beloved Son. Accompaniment by Don Bosco in the letters to some young people by Wim Collin
- Preventive System vs. Positive Youth Development. A Comparative Analysis of Both Approaches by Barbara Poredos
- Father Filippo Rinaldi. Teacher o f Salesian Holiness by Stefano Maggio [translated by John Puntino]
- Book Review
- Call for Interesting Publications
- Call for Papers
Reference time period: 2023
W. Collin, Journal of salesian studies, January – June 2023, Volume XX – Number 1, Salesian Society, January-June 2023.
Institute of Salesian Studies